The BA Soccer League: recreational, non-profit, volunteer-run… and tons of fun
The BASL provides adult men with the opportunity to play indoor and outdoor soccer in a safe, pleasant and respectful environment, on quality pitches and under stable, transparent, consultative management.
Like some of our favourite pairs of sunglasses in various lakes across the country, this has somehow, but not purposely, slipped all the way to the bottom of a lengthy email. Congratulations to Bloody HammeRED for achieving the rare indoor season double, winning a tight match against a resolute Suns of Pitches team, despite keeper Bodo’s incredible heroics. It was a thoroughly entertaining match to watch, certainly worthy of a final. In other indoor wrap-up news, the Team Spirit of the League was co-awarded to Suns of Pitches and Man Shitty for picking up ZERO cards over the whole season and playoffs. Seriously well done. You should all be proud of that accomplishment. The Best Team Name was awarded to Green… er… Blue, uh…. Ryan Zurawell’s team. Donations will be made to their selected charities ($100 for each award), regardless of the outcome of a pending investigation into manager Colin Raines’ penalty-winning dive against the Pink team.
- Wednesday night season runs May 10th to Oct 25th;
- you get twenty-five 60-minute games at 8:30 and 9:30 p.m, at JDG park near the intersection of Anderson and Leitrim Rds.
- Wednesday night format is 9v9, and the on-site pub will be open for us after the games
- $250 outfielders, $125 keepers, $25 spares
- Saturday morning season runs May 20th to Oct 28th;
- you get eighteen 90-minute games at 10 a.m., at Potvin (Shefford Rd).
- We are looking into July/August 9 a.m. starts, but that is still TBC.
- Saturday morning format is 11v11, and the pub of choice is the Bad Alibi on Youville Dr.
- $225 outfielders, $115 keepers, $25 spares
- The White Walkers 2 – You’re my boy, Blue! 1
- Pink, Medium Rare 2 – 9v9 Red Buffoons 0
- Hangover 96, Black 3 – Limey Bastards 2
Summer 2023 Registration
Registration opens March 21st at 9am
Wednesdays May 10 - Oct 25
- JDG Park near the intersection of Anderson and Leitrim
- 9v9 format
- 8:30pm and 9:30pm Kickoff
- On Site Pub
- $250 outfielders, $125 Keepers, $25 spares
Saturdays May 20 - Oct 28
- Potvin (Shefford Road)
- 11v11 format
- 10am Kick off (9am TBD for July/August)
- Bad Alibi Pub
- $225 outfielders, $115 Keepers, $25 spares