Announcing Wednesday Night Summer Soccer!!
Hello gents of the BA,
It’s been a little while since our last update, surely an indication that things have been running pretty smoothly this winter season. We promise we do have 1000 words for you in an upcoming missive but need to get a quick message out to confirm and remind — we are a go for Wednesday-evening soccer at the Julian de Guzman Park / German Club!
We have plenty of exciting communications to come, in which we will share more details, but for now, the important items to remember are as follows:
- Registration opens in mid-March (we don’t know how fast it will fill up, but if it’s anything like indoor on Thursday nights, it will be quick!). The season starts May 10th and runs to October 25th.
- Games will be
- at JDG park near the intersection of Anderson/Leitrim Rds.
- from 8:30-10 p.m. on Wednesday nights.
- We are looking at 7v7 on fields similar in size to the Superdome, but do have a number of options for different configurations (such as 9v9) if desired.
- Cost is TBD, but the field rental is a reasonable price, and much cheaper than a dome.
- The pub on site (German Club) will be open for us after the games
- no confirmation yet as to what time they will kick Frank and Adam Skene out of the joint.
- Remember that this does not impact the Saturday-morning outdoor season at Potvin, which will continue as usual.
- Registration for that season will quickly follow the registration for the Wednesday-night league.
- We are encouraging everyone who can to sign up for both!
As mentioned, more details to come, but be ready for a great (maybe the best ever) summer with us!
Your BA Executive Team