In the classic fable with which you may or may not be familiar, about a hard-working ant getting organized for the approaching winter and some silly singing grasshopper (I think it was a grasshopper, it’s been a while), we at the BA strive to be the ant. That is to say, it’s time to start looking ahead to the cold days that will be here all too soon and stock our underground… uh, caverns… (ok, I’m really starting to regret this analogy) with stuff to keep us warm and happy – you guessed it (you did?), it’s time to think about the indoor soccer season!
Indoor Registration is OPEN
We have been working hard behind the scenes of this fantastic outdoor season to get things ready, and as of right now, indoor season registration is open. A few things to note:
- You must register ASAP – we will fill out all the spots in no time at all. This message is going out to a lot of people that are anxiously awaiting the indoor season, so please don’t delay.
- People not previously registered with the BA are required to have a BA member sponsor them for two seasons (reminder that you are only permitted to sponsor one player at a time.)
- Indoor season starts on Thursday November 3, 2022 and will run through to May 4 th , 2023.
- New this year: please select a jersey size on the form and upload a headshot that is clear enough to identify you easily – it will really help us when building and balancing teams.
- Not new this year: your registration, and therefore your spot in the indoor season, is not complete until you have sent your payment to email@example.com – my advice is to do it immediately, before you have any chance of forgetting! Please include your full name so it is very clear who the money is coming from.
- Don’t delay! Register here.
SAGM and End of Year Party Dates
Every entrance into another season is but an exit from the last… I think that’s how the expression goes? I don’t have time to check. As we wind down a great summer season, we wouldn’t want you to forget about two important things we do to cap the season:
- We are planning to have our Semi-Annual General Meeting on Saturday, October 1 st at the Bad Alibi, right after the morning’s games are finished.
- We are planning to have our End of Year Party on Saturday, October 15 th at the Bad Alibi, right after the morning’s games are finished.
- Details to follow on both, including a survey to get attendance numbers – this is important and allows us to plan both events. Please watch your inbox for that.
Alright, that’s it for today! Short but sweet! As always, thanks for taking the time to read this – you are all part of what makes this league so great and we are committed to keeping it that way. Please remember to show your support for our sponsors and our favourite pub.
May your gamedays be warm and your beer cold!
Your BA Executive Team